Union Fire Company No.1
 

2026 Incidents
Jan 128
Feb 97
Mar 100
Apr 93
May 104
Jun 132
Jul 159
Aug 21
Sep
Oct
Nov
Dec
Total 834

Yearly Call Totals
2010 773 2025 1365
2011 900
2012 816
2013 886
2014 928
2015 906
2016 891
2017 913
2018 915
2019 985
2020 915
2021 1050
2022 1079
2023 1074
2024 1208


In 1989 the Fire Company celebrated its 200th Anniversary

Print RSS Facebook Twitter RSS

By Union Fire Company No.1
August 24, 2026

Late in 1988 and early 1989, the company decided to establish the museum. Lead by John Sheaffer with a lot of help from members they began gathering historical items that had been put in storage all over the place. Pete Peterson got the 1929 LaFrance running again. The stain glass was taken out of storage and repaired by Hankinson Stained Glass for FREE. The framework for hanging it was done by John Sheaffer in his fathers garage. Creedon Shatto painted just about everything. Maslands donated carpet for the meeting room. Ron Hamilton spearheaded the sanding of the meeting room hardwood flooring. It was a lot of work as the engine room was stripped of everything in 1978 when the new station was occupied. Thankfully much of the items removed were "put in the basement".
The hose cart is not of UFC origin. It was donated by Frog Switch Manufacturing and is an old industrial model made by American LaFrance.

The pictures shown are from 1989....37 years ago....

Union Proud of its heritage!


Add a Comment Add a Comment 0 Comment(s)


Website Designed and Hosted By: Content Proudly Maintained By: Contact Info:
Firehouse Solutions
www.FirehouseSolutions.com
Union Fire Company No.1
35 W. Louther Street
Carlisle, PA, 17013
Emergency Dial 911
Non-Emergency: 717-243-2123
E-mail: UnionFireCo@unionfireco.org
Copyright © 2026 Firehouse Solutions (A Service of Technology Reflections, Inc.)